Today I have been tackling a UFO. Not the flying saucer kind, but one of the many Un-Finished Objects I have lying around.
This was originally a commissioned piece but I took ages about it as I got ill... and then I realised I had hugely under-quoted the client as it was going to take much, MUCH longer than I had estimated... Thankfully the client was extremely understanding about it. Nevertheless I had spent a ridiculous number of hours on it and it simply wasn't viable any more. So it sat there, unfinished, in my studio.
It's been there so long now that I've grown to love it. And so I've decided to finish it, not for sale, but to keep for myself.
It's seriously fiddly work.
And today I've been working on the 'E'.
Here is the piece so far:
As you can see I've a way to go yet, but it's coming along nicely and I'm roughly three-quarters of the way through now. I want to add some daisies and forget-me-nots, and balance the composition out better. It's now at that stage where I can really see how the finished piece is going to look and that's very encouraging.