Top 5 Phrases That Drive Me Crazy
- "With all due respect..." - almost always followed by some derogatory remark that shows little, if any respect.
- "To be honest with you..." - Eh? So everything else you just said was a lie? Aarrgh! I'm SO guilty of using this phrase and MUST stop! What I ought to say is "To be frank...", as that's what I usually mean.
- "D'ya know wha' a meean?" - Ugh! No.
- "Up the duff" - How can pregnancy, one of the most wondrous, miraculous, beautiful and amazing states of being EVER be described in such a horrible way?!
- "In my humble opinion.." - I find this so passive-aggressive. If it's your opinion, OWN it!
This post was brought to you in association with Kate Takes 5's Listography linky. Head on over there to read her "Top 5 Phrases That Drive Me Crazy" and find the links to other blogs joining in to share their lists too.